Friday, April 9, 2010

Steampunked

I didn't even know this subculture existed until yesterday but I've always loved movies of this genre ( the recent Sherlock Holmes, Time Machine, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen etc.) and I'm a fan of industrial, vintage furnishings so it should be no surprise that items made in the" Romantic Victorian Adventure Early Sci-Fi/Gothic" style (as steampunk has been described) would appeal to me. Love the fact that items considered past their prime have been repurposed into really quirky works of art.Most images from here unless *'d which if clicked will link to source.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I too loved 'steampunk' without knowing that there was a name for my obsession with Victorian/mixed with sci-fi & the inner workings of machinery made into jewellery and the like!

    I love your post and your 'steampunk' choices :-)

    ReplyDelete