Friday, February 3, 2012

Loft Living

I've always wanted to live in a loft. In fact hubby and I entertained the idea when we first moved to the tristate area- the thought of living in SoHo or Tribeca was soo appealing.But then reality set in and the serious lack of green space ( we have 3 dogs) and the ability to easily travel to surrounding airports ( my husband travels for business) were seen as insurmountable obstacles.I still dream of it though.Often..... Images from Loftenberg.
Great weekend everybody!





















































































2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Shawn - I am green with envy. One picture is better than the next. Gorgeous. I have to check out that site.

    I remember the first time I was in a NYC loft - it was the late 70s or early 80s and I was in heaven. Myself and a boyfriend at the time went to this loft where friends were getting married (the loft owner was a Justice of the Peace). It was such a cool time...and I fell in love with the idea of a loft.

    In the mid 80s I had the chance to sublet a downtown loft for the summer - it was one of the film critics for the Village Voice. I wanted to live there in the worst way. But - it was slightly (obly slightly) out of my price range...but it was pretty far away from where I was working at the time (the Upper West Side). I wound up subletting a rather large apartment on West End Ave instead. It was nice too - but it had a cockroach problem! However, I could walk to work, so that was great.

    But - in hindsight, I should have done the loft. Darn. Sounds like a blogpost I could do.

    Great photos...Thanks...Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post. I wish your photos were larger. It's hard to see some of the beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete